You might want to try some of this advice that is useful for both homes and businesses.
- Take care of chemical hazards at home or in your business before a flood
- Register to receive King County flood alerts
- Consider using sandbags
- Keep street drains free of debris
- Don’t drive through standing water
- See more preparation tips including links to find out if you are in a flood plain
Have you ever been in flood? Had you tried to prepare? Were any of your efforts useful?
Even if your business is not in a flood zone, it could still be flooded. And business owners are liable for any contamination and clean-up caused by their hazardous products or wastes. Where to start? Reduce the number of chemical products you store and safely dispose of your unwanted hazardous products and wastes. If your business is in King County, these free services can help with that:
- Call to schedule a free on-site visit to help you evaluate your business process and the wastes you generate. 206-263-8899 or toll free at 1-800-325-6165, ext. 3-8899
- Find out if you qualify to dispose of wastes through the Local Hazardous Waste facilities and the Wastemobile.
- Not sure if a product or waste you have is hazardous? Call our Business Waste line at 206-296-3976.
- Receive 50% or up to $500 of costs to manage, dispose, reduce or recycle hazardous wastes.