Projects working on behalf of businesses, residents and the environment in King County
It is nice to take a look at how our work adds up.
On behalf of the project staff, here is the acceptance speech:
Folks working in government believe they are working to leave a legacy. It’s not about the annual bonuses, stock options or the sheer glamour of public service, but about making a difference. Public service is a responsibility and we answer to our neighbors, businesses, and all the small fry. The staff I work with try to meet challenges to get things fixed, to work together, and keep people involved in the grand system we call government. I have heard from residents or businesses they may not like certain regulations or requirements – at all – but they have had positive things to say about the staff they have worked with. And that’s our purpose: to work together for health and the environment.
These awards recognize some of the work those staff are doing in the Department of Natural Resources and Parks. Congratulations to:
- Business Field Services Team: Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generators, Pollution Prevention Award
- EnviroStars: Outstanding service to our industry
- Interagency Resource for Achieving Cooperation: two awards for Outstanding Product – Auto Body Rule Tool
- Take Back Your Meds Coalition: Health Champions Award
- King County Battery Recycling Program (our partners at Solid Waste): Achievement Award – Gold, Special Edition Category